The Los Angeles Chapter was formed in 1978 and Chartered on 2 June 1979 under the provisions of the 1st Marine Division Association Inc.
On 13 February 2003 the Chapter was Incorporated in the State of California and filed as a Non-Profit 501c19 Veterans Organization. Fed ID# 30-0154603
In 2005 “County” was added to the Chapter name making it the Los Angeles County Chapter.
Today there are over 400 members in the Chapter. The 400 members represent all era’s from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Cold War , Peace time , Kuwait, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq. But no matter when or where you served we all have one common denominator, the title “Marine”
Below is the Purpose of the Chapter as outlined in Article 2 of the Chapter By-Laws.
ARTICLE 2 PURPOSE
1. To follow the purposed and aims of the 1st Marine Division Association, Inc.
2. To incorporate a membership corporation under the laws of the State of California. The Chapter was incorporated in the State of California on 13 February 2003.
3. To foster, encourage and perpetuate the memory, spirit and comradeship in Arms of the members of the 1st Marine Division.
4. To form and maintain a Chapter of the 1st Marine Division Association, Inc., for members located in Los Angeles County, California and vicinity.
5. To preserve the incidents and memories of our Association.
6. To promote and safeguard the principles of justice.
7. To foster patriotism and love of country.
8. To perpetuate the spirit and traditions of the United States Marine Corps.
9. To promote and encourage social activities and fellowship among members.
10. To hold meetings and social gatherings for the better realization of the Above named purposes.